Pages

9.11.2014

Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps #idontdiet


I have always had a deep love for food. I love cooking it, and I love to eat it even more. I am not one of those fortunate girls that gets to eat all the pizza and doughnuts and still go about life looking skinny. But I also am not a dieter. I don't diet. I just don't. The word itself has the word "die" in it.

Since cooking and eating eases my stress, I try to make healthier choices when it comes to creating recipes. I don't want to deprive myself from anything tasty and delicious just so I can look like a model, because I will never be one (hello, I'm only 5'3!). I like to alter recipes so I can still eat whatever it is I am craving. I made these awesome "tacos" or lettuce wraps, that fulfill that Taco Bell craving, and these don't give you that heartburn and indigestion after!

Here is the how-to:

Super Easy Ground Turkey “Tacos”
-1 pound of lean ground turkey
-Romaine leaves
-Taco seasoning (I used low sodium)
-1/2 sweet onion chopped
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-Greek yogurt
-Tomatoes
-Avocado
-Cilantro
Instructions:
1- Sautee the garlic and onions in medium heat until the onions are translucent
2- Add the ground turkey and let it brown, add the taco seasoning (if too dry add 1/4 cup  of water)
3- Assemble in washed and dried romaine leaves with a dollop of greek yogurt, avocado cubes, and diced tomato, and sprinkle with cilantro!

Ta-da! Easy and delicious.

xx,
Andee

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish!!!! I will have to try out this recipe! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know on my blog and follow me, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! My boyfriend and I are HUGE foodies but we decided to eat healthier. This looks like something I want to try to make!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...