Pages

7.23.2012

Weekend Good Eats




My weekend was a foodie's dream come true, since all I really did was  eat and drink on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My Friday night started with a simple and cheap burger from The Corner Bistro a tiny restaurant with quite the buzz. The menu is very simple, in fact, they don't even have menus, they have one on the wall and that's all you get. I had the Bistro Burger (not pictured) and I don't know if it was because I was starving, but the burger tasted like heaven. There is no wow factor about the place really, they serve you the food in paper plates, but the place was tiny and cozy, perfect for the younger crowd. Saturday I met up with an old friend from high school, Sherlly from Ecualombian at the Breslin. Sherlly had mentioned that they had the best lamb burger in town, so with out hesitation I agreed to lunch there. Well she was right, it's probably the juiciest lamb burger I have tried in a while (second picture). The bread was fantastic as well, and well the thrice fried fries were out of this world. Aside from the food, the service was great as well. The restaurant is adjacent to The Ace hotel which is also a very nice place to go on weekend nights. Sunday finally rolled around and we did the things New Yorkers do so well, have brunch. A group of us decided to meet at 12:30 at Yotel for brunch. This has to be the funkiest and modern hotel I have ever been to. It has such a hip and young environment. Their brunch was fantastic! We ate a day's worth of food in less than two hours. I recommend the sweet chili bacon, their cod sliders, the meatballs, the chilaquiles, and crab wontons (all pictured above). I also enjoyed their spicy tuna, and disco fries. Oh and for dessert we had this delicious pineapple french toast. All of this food plus 12 more platters went down easily with the help of some mimosas and sangria.
I guess this weekend I ate a week's worth of food, but I was nothing more than happy, and maybe a little over stuffed. Going to all these Delicious places also made me realize one thing, the food will taste twice as good if you have good company. And I did. This weekend overall was fantastic.

xx, Andee

PS- Follow me on Instagram: andee_d :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so delish! Thanks for the comment and follow- following you back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...